Girl with Promise Leadership Program
Girl with Promise (8th – 12th Grade Girls)
Girl with Promise targets high-achieving female students. Students meet on the 1st and 3rdSaturday of each month. This phenomenal program will introduce high school students to the habits, practices, skills and mentality common to extraordinary leaders. The signature program has a focus on developing leadership skills with the guiding principle that EXPOSURE EXPANDS EXPECTATIONS!
No parent wants to learn that their daughter is going to be a teen mom or high school dropout. The Girl with Promise Program is designed to prepare girls for college, careers and a life of bold success. Making an investment in our girls now is an investment in America’s future. Through direct instruction, role playing, current event discussions, exercises, field trips, and guest speakers, teens will learn how leaders achieve great things and how they can become a more powerful leader in clubs, teams, organizations, and society.
The program components include activities in:
- Team Building
- Leadership Enrichment
- Career Exploration to include trips and outings
- College Exploration (to include college visits)
- STEM/STEAM Exploration
- Cultural/Arts Enrichment
- Job Shadowing
- Civic Engagement
The leadership, communication, management and business skills taught during the sessions prepare students for future careers or entrepreneurship. Sessions are held in the Business Accelerator Offices located at 975 Cobb Place Boulevard in Kennesaw. The program is limited to 25 students.
Applications for the Girl with Promise Program is now available.
Criteria for Acceptance
- Teen must be entering or attending high school in the fall (grades 9-12)
- Submit a completed application form by Parent/Guardian.
- Pay a non-refundable registration fee of $25.
- Upload a copy of the most recent report card inside the application.
- Agree to the consent section inside the application.
- Complete and return the release forms that will be emailed to you once you have completed the initial application for us to verify your daughter’s information with the school’s teacher, counselor or administrator.
>> To get started, click on the “Enroll Now” button to complete an application and pay your registration fee.