Become a Volunteer
FUND DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
The Fund Development Director reports to the CEO and is responsible for executing fund development plans for a growing organization. Duties include assisting and participation in all fundraising and administrative duties as it relates to donor and public relations.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Capability to prioritize multiple projects, requests and to work with all levels of the organization
- Able to pass a background check
- Perform other duties and handle special projects as needed
Parent Advocate is responsible for maintaining good working relationships with parents and Site Coordinators to ensure that students are equipped with the information they need to participate fully in the Destiny’s Daughter of Promise (DDP) program.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Attend Site Coordinator meetings; offer input that represents the parents’ and students’ perspective, interest and concerns.
- Help with and attend workshops and other special events.
- As requested, attend leadership meetings and training sessions.
- Document accurately and timely all concerns/issues regarding parents and students to the President/CEO and Site Coordinator.
- Follow through on assignments.
- Be a supportive voice for parents.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Previous experience as an advocate.
- Minimum of 1-year experience working with youth or in an administrative capacity.
- Clearly communicate both written and oral.
- Engage in respectful interaction; maintain a positive and supportive attitude; and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Exhibit qualities of dependability, empathy, and genuineness.
- Self-motivated, and able to complete tasks in an organized fashion with little supervision.
- Excellent computer skills for working with email, the internet, and for utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Maintain confidentially.
- Bachelors or Diploma.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Perform other duties as needed to ensure success of the program.